Our 20+ years of experience have led us to create a worry-free process for painting homes in Tenafly New Jersey. Contact us and we will answer any questions that homeowners commonly have about interior and exterior home painting in Tenafly NJ. At the top of this list is respecting any home that we enter to paint – our professional home painter crews and supervisors are all highly trained and credentialed in residential exterior and interior painting. All garbage and debris will be removed daily. We also leave wet “touch up” paint clearly marked as to where it was applied.
Are you looking to sell your home? Experts say that staged homes sell faster and for higher prices than those that are not, and paint color is a low-cost but effective way of showcasing your home. Choose natural colors so buyers will not be distracted. Using subtle colors will enhance the buyers experience.
If you are a home owner in Tenafly, Bergen County NJ, here is some more information that you may want to consider when painting your interior and exterior home.
Choosing the Paint and Color
Consult an expert home painter to determine the best brand and finish of paints for your home.
- Choose the finish depending on which room you’re painting. For example, semi-gloss is ideal for kitchens and bathrooms Flat finishes work best for other rooms, and will hide imperfections and withstand cleanings.
- For walls, latex (water-based) paint is recommended for quick drying and reduced fumes. For high-traffic areas that will get a lot of contact (from hands, fingers, etc.) oil paints are much easier to clean.
Color decisions for residential interiors and exteriors painting mostly come down to personal preference and opinion, but here are some tips that we’ve seen over many years of painting houses in Tenafly New Jersey.
- When choosing a color, make sure it isn’t too dark or too light before applying it. Only applying half-strength paint to try and remedy this is not recommended. Make good use of paint samples to try a variety of colors for your home’s interior.
- Contrary to some popular beliefs, ceilings do not have to be white, but lighter than the walls is usually better. If the walls are light to begin with, the same color can be applied on the ceiling.
- Keep your décor decisions in mind when trying to tie in your paint colors to the room’s overall look and feel.
Professional Painters for Tenafly Home Owners
If you would prefer to leave it to the professionals, contact us to benefit from our wealth of home painting experience. We are so confident in the quality and durability of our work that we have a 5 year Worry-Free Guarantee that covers any issues like cracking, chipping, peeling, or normal wear-and-tear damage. Most painting contractors only guarantee the labor for a short time, but we think home painting projects should last 5 years. That’s why we include the labor and material cost in our Worry-Free Guarantee.
We will happily provide you with over 100 references, and you can read more testimonials here on our site. See why Worry Free Painting is the top choice for your Tenafly home painting project.
Painting Contractors Registration in Bergen County
New Jersey requires only that painting contractors in Bergen County NJ be registered with the state in order to do residential painting, and that they have liability insurance, so there is no state standard for competency and reliability. Likewise, painting companies in Bergen County are able to get their state license without showing proof of worker’s comp insurance, and that coverage is critical to you. If an employee of theirs were injured on your property and the painting contractors don’t have workers’ comp, you can be held liable.
Tenafly Surrounding Towns Where We Offer House Painting Services
We offer interior and exterior painting service in Bergen County and in all towns near you, including Tenafly, Englewood, New Milford, Teterboro, Englewood Cliffs, North Arlington, Upper Saddle River, Fair Lawn, Northvale, Waldwick, Fairview, Norwood, Wallington, Fort Lee, Oakland, Washington Township, Franklin Lakes, Old Tappan, Westwood, Garfield, Oradell, Woodcliff Lake, Glen Rock, Palisades Park, Wood-Ridge, Hackensack, Paramus, Wyckoff, Park Ridge. We also offer our residential and commercial painting services in all other Northern and Central NJ counties and towns.