Staten Island NY Exterior Home Painters
Our 20+ years of experience have led us to create a worry-free process for painting homes in Staten Island. Contact us and we’ll answer any questions that homeowners commonly have about interior and exterior home painting in Staten Island NY. At the top of this list is respecting any home that we enter to paint – our professional home painting crews and supervisors are all highly trained and credentialed in residential exterior and interior painting. All garbage and debris will be removed daily. We also leave wet “touch up” paint clearly marked as to where it was applied.
Here is some more information that you may want to consider when painting your interior and exterior Staten Island home.
Choosing the Paint and the Color
Consult an expert home painter to determine the best brand and finish of paints for your home.
- Choose the finish depending on which room you’re painting. For example, semi-gloss is ideal for kitchens and bathrooms Flat finishes work best for other rooms, and will hide imperfections and withstand cleanings.
- For walls, latex (water-based) paint is recommended for quick drying and reduced fumes. For high-traffic areas that will get a lot of contact (from hands, fingers, etc.) oil paints are much easier to clean.
Color decisions for residential interiors and exteriors painting mostly come down to personal preference and opinion, but here are some tips that we’ve seen over many years of painting houses in Staten Island.
- When choosing a color, make sure it isn’t too dark or too light before applying it. Only applying half-strength paint to try and remedy this is not recommended. Make good use of paint samples to try a variety of colors for your home’s interior.
- Contrary to some popular beliefs, ceilings do not have to be white, but lighter than the walls is usually better. If the walls are light to begin with, the same color can be applied on the ceiling.
- Keep your décor decisions in mind when trying to tie in your paint colors to the room’s overall look and feel.
Professional Home Painters for Staten Island Home Owners
If you’d prefer to leave it to the professionals, contact us to benefit from our wealth of home painting experience. We are so confident in the quality and durability of our work and paint material that we have a 5 year Worry-Free Guarantee that covers any issues like cracking, chipping, peeling, or normal wear-and-tear damage. Most contractors only guarantee the labor for a short time, but we think painting projects should last 5 years. That’s why we include the labor and material cost in our Worry-Free Guarantee.
We will happily provide you with over 100 references, and you can read more testimonials here on our site. Looking for professional painting contractors near you? See why Worry Free Painting is the top choice for your Staten Island NY home painting project.